Yet another Battlestar Galactica reboot

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/09/17/yet-another-battlestar-galacti.html

4 Likes

I have reboot fatigue.

23 Likes

download

6 Likes

I get why they’re doing it but i don’t see a need or want to reboot it again. Would rather see something original.

15 Likes

I loved the old one when I was a kid, and enjoyed the reboot - although I didn’t actually see the last half season.

I do have an autograph of Edward Jame Olmos as Amadala Adama. Fun fact - he has fantastic, old school handwriting.

6 Likes

I don’t mind reboots–I loved the BSG one–but I think the general rule should be that the hairstyles of the original should fall out of fashion before a new one is launched.

21 Likes

S I G H

Though I felt the same about the previous reboot, there is so much more out there that can be done

5 Likes

All of this has happened before, and all of this will happen again.

43 Likes

How about a musical, then?

8 Likes

You and me both; I’m ready for some new ideas in science fiction that come in a flavor other than “Star Trek”, “Star Wars” or “Battlestar Galactica.” And I swear I’ll clobber the first person who even whispers the words “Stargate”.

15 Likes

You’re okay with a Buck Rogers reboot, though, yeah? This time, Buck is a woman, but Wilma is still a hottie and they still have crushes on each other. Bonus: get Gilbert Godfried to voice Twiki, but he cusses. He cusses a lot.

24 Likes

I’d be ok with the re-re-boot on one condition, write the ending first, then plot out what you need to get from the start to the end and plan that many seasons, and just produce that. Don’t give us another series that starts good but runs until either they run out of ideas or run out of ratings and then end it in an abrupt nonsensical way.

I’d also accept a Galactica 2020 reboot, but only because I’d enjoy seeing how bad it would turn out.

11 Likes

Nah. Not really interested, but I didn’t get into the original series in the first place. I’ve long rendered the name as “Cattlecar Galoctopus” in my head - maybe that’s just me. :grinning:

4 Likes

Fewer reboots, more revivals.

Farscape
Firefly
Carnivale

9 Likes

If they have to make something BSG-related, why not just make the Blood and Chrome series they cancelled? They could make an awesome shoot-em-up war series out of that!

Or, just “reboot” the series by saying Season 4 was Tigh’s fever dream while going through withdrawal and give the ending another shot.

4 Likes

Raumpatrouille!

3 Likes

FWIW, they’re not rebooting it per se, but creating a new BSG story “within the mythology”

4 Likes

I might watch that.

6 Likes

That’s something I’d like to see.

AmIdala:

2 Likes

I’m actually really, really angry that I don’t have the time to photoshop this right now.

9 Likes