How the entire internet is reacting to SCOTUS gay marriage ruling (and it's beautiful)

If I could interrupt the echo chamber for just a minute, let me say this: I know quite a few Christians in the midwest who are not ignorant, fearful, or hateful who opposed gay marriage. They saw it as a “please man” vs. “please God” equation and chose the God side of it.

Please don’t think that they are all ignorant, fearful, and/or hateful. That is a gross overgeneralization.

Can you f’off and go gaze at your own navel somewhere else and let the rest of us have a single fucking day of victory in some things?

5 Likes

I’m a member of the People’s Liberation Front, personally.

4 Likes

I’m a member of the Popular Peoples Front of Judea. Wait, what? Guess I am just a little giddy today :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Obama needs an organist, from now on.

3 Likes

blah blah blah invalidate the happy people blah blah blah.

sour grapes are SOUR

2 Likes

But isn’t this where the conversation, even at its most cordial, always breaks down?

A: “You can’t get married in our church!”
B: “okay, we will get married somewhere else.”
A: “You can’t do that either!!”
B: “The hell you talkin’ about?”

When it stops at line two, everything is fine. In fact the first couple of churches I looked at for my wedding didn’t allow me and my wife to get married there. (I’m not Catholic)

But they never said, “being a non Catholic you can’t get married anywhere”.

19 Likes

[quote=“dustindopps, post:41, topic:60542”]
I know quite a few Christians in the midwest who are not ignorant, fearful, or hateful who opposed gay marriage. Please don’t think that they are all ignorant, fearful, and/or hateful. That is a gross overgeneralization[/quote]I understand your concern, but we weren’t referring to all Christians. We were referring to social conservatives. There are plenty of Christians that are very much in support of gay marriage and aren’t social conservatives at all.

2 Likes

18 Likes

Some Christians actually believe God loves all of his children.

12 Likes

You said it!
Bernie has my support, financial and otherwise. And check this out -

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2015/06/25/new-hampshire-poll-shows-bernie-sanders-in-dead-heat-with-hillary-clinton/

4 Likes

just the tip…

4 Likes

This.

Laws drag morality kicking and screaming into the present as much as they impose on modern society the prejudices of the past way longer than necessary, which is the best reason to do away with stupid laws that stupidly only apply to some people and not others.

3 Likes

They’re in the wrong. They’ll be remembered for being wrong by Christians and non Christians alike, they do not see the hateful thing they have supported as being hateful, I get that, but it is hateful.

FTFY and no, you may not.

12 Likes

5 Likes

New Hampshire Poll Shows Bernie Sanders in Dead Heat With Hillary Clinton … It’s Official – Bernie Sanders Has Overtaken Hillary Clinton In the Hearts and Minds of Democrats

Feel The Bern.

And, not to mention:

12 Likes

6 Likes

Well, I’m glum because my country can’t even get a bill for gay marriage up in Parliament :disappointed_relieved:

But, for you Americans…

8 Likes

Given that the USA has a tendency to export its laws, (not in any uniform way of course) its a good thing, its a good thing all around.

3 Likes

If only this was in the TPP… :wink:

6 Likes