How to bake spice-filled sandworm bread

Would that be The Water of Life? The Water of Death?

Or maybe just that tasty light sugary syrup flavored with green cardamom and rose water, kewra or saffron that is served with gulab jamun (dessert from India, not Arrakis)?

Maybe phyllo dough instead of [quote=“redesigned, post:15, topic:70258”]
Pets de sœurs
[/quote]
so that the worm’s skin looks rougher? You can buy a decent quality phyllo readymade, frozen, nowadays if you’re in a big city. It’d be just a bit tricky to handle (think: baklava), but you’d be able to control the ratio of filling to dough more easily.

Anyone here try developing a recipe for spice coffee ala Dune ? There was this feeble attempt on Reddit. I already put cinnamon in my coffee… sometimes.

1 Like

Ehhh, I can just roll it thinner. Or put more sugar, which I should have done. But the water will allow it to bake longer or hotter, both should help with the caramelization. I’m not sure my waistline can tolerate too much experimentation.

Also, spice, from everything I’ve read, tastes like cinnamon, or burnt cinnamon. So, none of those fancy flavours.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.