How to bake spice-filled sandworm bread

[Read the post]

3 Likes

I’ll say it!

“The spice must flow…”

:grinning:

(Yes, it’s low hanging fruit. Doesn’t make it any less funny!)

7 Likes

I made this and it actually came out pretty well. I used my Crysknife to slice it up and when my guests came in to the kitchen, it was still out. Had to slay all of them. Rude of me, but I had leftovers.

11 Likes

Garam Masala! Now I want some!

2 Likes

I saw this elsewhere this morning and I think I’m going to have to make it this christmas season at some point. It looks amazing.

4 Likes

I’m going to make this, but instead of bread dough, I’m going to use the dough used in pets de soeurs.

From the recipe in Gallant & Cormier-Boudreau’s La cuisine traditionelle Acadienne (link goes to the english version):
three cups of flour, 1 tsp of salt, 2 tbs of baking powder, half a cup of shortening, one cup of milk. Mix the dry ingredients, work/rub the fat into the dry ingredients then mix in the milk - use your hands, eh.
Roll it out and proceed with the rest of the worm recipe…

3 Likes

Low hanging is best hanging! ^^

1 Like

I’m curious to find out how this turns out.

Mmm, Shai Hulud.
Remember, mix without rhythm or you wont’ attract the worm.

3 Likes

Shai Hulud, send me a great one, send me the courage to ride it well…

Shouldn’t be it mix with rhytm?
(It wouldn’t be the first manual/datasheet that gets the do/don’t wrong…)

7 Likes

####Looks like @beschizza picked the wrong time to quit carbs.

7 Likes

Like there’s a right time?

10 Likes

Rude perhaps, but necessary. I hope you at least had the common decency to return their water to their respective sietches…

7 Likes

Just as well you don’t know. Prescience can be more of a burden than a blessing.

1 Like

I laughed when i looked at that link…it looks delicious, but the name, oh the name…nun farts!

ClickBait Title: Scary BreadLight™ is better the Apple Pie!

1 Like

Turned out okay for the first try. I was going for the original paperback book version of the worm: very small teeth, mouth in three parts - much simpler.

Next time, at the mouth end, I’ll cut off about a third of the dough back - the third that’s the first innermost layer - so that the mouth parts aren’t so thick and wrap that end around a small ball of parchment paper when I roll up the dough/butter/sugar into a cylinder, then cut the three mouth parts into shape and bake it with the ball in the mouth. It should be a lot better. Maybe I can find a small figurine of Sting to put in there then.

Oh, and redesigned, don’t worry, pets de soeurs are such a treat, and sooo guaranteed to cause insulin shock. Yum!

6 Likes

That’s just asking for a yeast infection.

3 Likes

After actually eating it, I can report that…it’s kinda dry. The original recipe did have dipping sauce.

Pets de soeurs are usually baked with a little water in the pan and the sugar needs to caramelize a little. Next time, I’ll make a mould out of aluminium foil and give the sandworm some water.

3 Likes

Pfft. Another water-fat offworlder complaining about Arrakkeen cuisine.

5 Likes

Yeah well, if you spit on my table or my sandworm, I will take it as an insult.

1 Like