How to break into an open garage

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/06/22/how-to-break-into-an-open-gara.html

This gentleman had a bit of difficulty breaking into a garage. Fortunately he found it easier to get back out.

7 Likes

At the very least a runner up for a Darwin Award.

4 Likes

I think I he must be the only person on Earth who can relate to how Mr. A Square felt after Mr A. Sphere showed him the folly of his views:

“You see,” said my Teacher, “how little your words have done. So far as the Monarch understands them at all, he accepts them as his own – for he cannot conceive of any other except himself – and plumes himself upon the variety of Its Thought as an instance of creative Power. Let us leave this God of Pointland to the ignorant fruition of his omnipresence and omniscience: nothing that you or I can do can rescue him from his self-satisfaction.”

3 Likes

Hands down the best part is how dejected he looks skulking away.

12 Likes

Reminds me of this guy.

4 Likes

More evidence that smart thieves become bankers or politicians, not burglars.

My sister always left her convertible unlocked so thieves wouldn’t cut the top to try to steal the stereo.

Eventually a thief came along who neglected to try the door or look through the window at the clearly visible unlocked locks.

5 Likes

Is that a video of a CCTV display? I mean I’m thankful it’s in landscape, but haven’t they heard of screen capture?

2 Likes

“Damn, I’m too late. They already cleaned it out and even took the door.”

6 Likes

What’s the little experimental tug he gives the door as he’s leaving? Did he forget he was just inside and there was nothing to steal?

2 Likes

Sigh. Once again, people, “Gentleman” do not commit crimes. In the sane world, we prefer the term “Scumbag.”

3 Likes

2 Likes

That happened to me. Unlocked doors and they cut through the ragtop.

2 Likes

That’s exactly why most of my friends don’t lock their car. We had a rash of people breaking car windows to steal low value items.

1 Like

Hasn’t this guy heard about casing a joint? What an amateur.

I’m suspecting you haven’t read a lot of Boing Boing articles about Gentlemen.

3 Likes

wait until his mother gets hime home… just don’t wait

Can’t speak for every device, but the NVR that I have at home isn’t the most friendly for exporting footage… takes forever and even then the resulting .AVI is always playable due to obscure codecs.

So buddy comes along and just shoots the screen because it is much simpler - record then upload to YouTube, no USB sticks, PC, transcoding and such needed.

2 Likes

I could be wrong, but it seems like the level of criminal brilliance has been falling lately. But then, look at our president!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.