Man films suspected burglar working on his front door, then opens it

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/03/19/man-films-suspected-burglar-wo.html

3 Likes

I do love this particular subreddit.

2 Likes

If I understood the objections of the guy on the outside, he says that he was practicing how to open his own door by opening this guy’s door.

The logic of this escapes me. Do I need to do more meth to understand?

28 Likes

Reminds me of this scene from Burglar ( a Whoopi movie that apparently no one but me liked:)

15 Likes

Wasn’t he just cleaning the lock? Asking for a friend…

4 Likes

He swore to God. That settles it.

6 Likes

“Dude, I swear I wasn’t doing anything.” is the least believable excuse since Shaggy’s “Wasn’t Me”.

11 Likes

I remember seeing this video a long time ago.

DUDE! Dude. Dude! I swear to god, dude. Dude!

3 Likes

I remember when I used to see her around Berkeley… talking with people on Telegraph.

1 Like

well what if he fucks up the door, doesn’t want to do that to his own door!

Before my time.

I’ve seen W. Kamau Bell walking around there, though…

2 Likes

Full video:

2 Likes

I know that we should avoid physically engaging miscreants, but I really really REALLY wanted to see the resident grab one of the lock picker’s rubber slippers and slap him upside the head a few times.

4 Likes

Just on grounds of stupidity alone

2 Likes

There’s parts of this country where they would have let him succeed in breaking in and then greeted him with something more than a well-justified slap or three.

2 Likes

He done goofed.

1 Like

Working in Singapore one year I was in my hotel room, just settling down for the day when the door started to open, stopped by the chain. I got up and walked over to watch this guy trying to get past this chain by reaching through the gap and sliding the end of the chain along. Being SG I decided not to give them a big scare, I just pushed the door closed which generated a bunch of “woha” noises from the corridor.

1 Like

You are not alone.

I love that he tries to compose himself and be “real” between slaps. Then it’s right back to whining.