How to build a Magic AI Storybook with a Raspberry Pi and ChatGPT

Originally published at: How to build a Magic AI Storybook with a Raspberry Pi and ChatGPT | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Good luck finding a Pi to build the damn thing. In the meantime, though, there’s this:

11 Likes

Well, fuck this all the way off.

The use of AI to do creative work is kind of disgusting, frankly.

5 Likes

Didn’t you hear? It’s a consumer’s (and “producer’s”) world, creators just live in it…

1 Like

If this was just some crapgadget bought off Amazon, you’d have a point, but this is talking about creating such a device yourself. Creating new pieces of technology is a creative artistic act – often considerably more creative than traditional forms of art that millions have done before.

3 Likes

Specifically, I’d guess that building the thing will be vastly more entertaining than any of the stories it produces.

8 Likes

The Primer was the first thing that came to mind for me too.

3 Likes

Except it’s going to “create” stories that human beings could have created instead. Already artists and writers are seeing the effects of using AI to do creative work, and it’s just going to get worse.

I came here to say this, but knew in my heart it had already been said.

1 Like

I wonder how the storybook will crumble as the enshittification of ChatGPT progresses?

For stories without ads in the middle, only $8/month!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.