How to choose between white caulk and black caulk

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/05/03/how-to-choose-between-white-caulk-and-black-caulk.html

5 Likes

Just invite an anteater to stay over for a couple of days.

6 Likes

Those are not the only options- I was very pleased to have brown caulk to hand when I was down on my knees filling a crevice under my skirting.

17 Likes

The makers of I’m Sorry I Haven’t a Clue would be proud of you:

3 Likes

It’s not the type of caulk that matters, it’s how you use it :eyes:

4 Likes

@thomdunn I honestly can’t tell if you are genuinely trying to solve an ant problem, or if it is just a pretense to share a funny video, but I would suggest skipping the caulk and get some diatomaceous earth and one of these bad boys:
Worked for us in our last garden level place.
Not to try to block you from a good caulk job, if that’s what you want.

15 Likes

Or use the diatomaceous earth in the gap first, wipe the area outside very clean, and then use the caulk

13 Likes

Wait, is this innuendo?

14 Likes

I’m here for the comments.

3 Likes

So the rumours are twue.

11 Likes

Yes, it has come to this.

10 Likes

And so it begins.

7 Likes

Man, I thought this was going to be some See Jane Drill level of insight into home repair, instead I’m like “Why tf is she caulking door trim?”. Which made me think of all the creative and redundant places our home’s prior owner found for caulk; the entire master bathroom toilet bowl (interior), over the old caulk in the tub, between the baseboard heaters and wall and anywhere his 15 layers of paint weren’t enough to fill a large gap. I’ve been spending the last two years cursing him while ripping his caulk off.

7 Likes

So have you been tugging at his caulk, or is a jerking motion doing a better job?

15 Likes

Understand Captain America GIF

8 Likes

Second the use of diatomaceous earth. Best solution here.

6 Likes

This sounds awful, but it usually involves a scraper and razor blade followed by a solvent. It’s the only way to ensure there’s no residue.

3 Likes

We’ve all been there.

11 Likes

If you want it innuendo, you can get it innuendo.

9 Likes

I think that costs extra. And requires a three page waver form.

6 Likes