How to combat manspreading on the subway - sit on the offender

Not sure I agree that women can be characterized as having a “lack of anatomy.” But I do get what you’re saying.

2 Likes

Lack of the ‘proper equipment’ that makes it “necessary” to spread one’s legs so widely when sitting?

4 Likes

Seriously unless you’re the second cumming of John Holmes I don’t think it makes a difference.

15 Likes

So what’s the problem, then?

Honestly, in the same situation with manspreader, if asked and they moved, no problem. If they refused, then it’s a problem.

13 Likes

7 Likes

8 Likes

I’m just repeating the usual excuse; not validating it.

Personally not having a penis and testicles dangling in my way whenever I move or sit, I cannot attest to the accuracy of said excuse; but I imagine that the need varies from dude to dude depending upon their level of “endowment.”

India, or someparts anyway, from what i know ( which isn’t much >_> lol )

1 Like

As an dude of avg equipment I can tell you it’s not an impingement for the average dude. Honestly, that kinda pressure is hardly noticeable.

For some reason this is making me think of the old ruse that women couldnt play golf because, breasts (actually no one should play golf because it’s a massive waste of land but I digress) but that was obviously bogus. So is a man needing more space because, dick. Now I’m sure that there are a few valid reasons for wanting a little extra space, but I don’t think they trump others’ need of just enough space on public transport.

18 Likes

Could be considered assault especially if the spreader claims injury. Starting a physical altercation is usually a bad idea.
Myself I can’t imagine not good naturedly making room for someone but I guess that’s life in the city.

1 Like

Get over it!

My junk has be banged around with every step for the last hour and a half.

It’s been baking down there in a blue-jean oven, or worsted-wool microwave for most of the day and frankly the boys just really want me to hold on to them and give them some fresh air.

However, I can’t just readjust the placement of my hardware like it was sitting lopsided in a bra, so the only respite I have is a few precious minutes of that delicate dance between gravity and the sway of the rail car gently applying the laws of physics to cool the jazzman below.

What you can “manspreading” I call “hostage negotiations”

I don’t want to hear any more complaining until you walk around all day with a couple of kiwis and stick of string cheese between your legs for a day in August and tell me how you want to sit on the train.

I wonder if this is nature v nurture, the pelvis is different for genders + height + weight contribute a to this as I’ve seen from the tall guy and overweight guy in this thread BUT it could just be that aasholes just don’t know how to sit right, the guy in the pic isn’t even sitting upright

From my observation of my own seating, i don’t see why knees should have to pass outside of shoulder width other than to simply obstruct, or if your body is proportional to where your seating

My 2 cents. . .

4 Likes

24 Likes

I agree, that’s why we have to recognize that taking up three seats is a physical altercation.

6 Likes

Or how about that person who has groceries in one seat, a purse in another, feet in another, and with their butt parked in one, that makes a grand total of four seats?

1 Like

Oh, my God, I broke my coccyx years ago and just looking at that picture made my back hurt.

2 Likes

As a non-penis owner, I’ll just have to take your word for it.

"
I concur.

Then stop reading and log off.

19 Likes

Even when Ann Coulter does it?

This may come as a surprise to you, but all crotches get hot in the summer, especially when clad in office attire… even those without penises.

22 Likes