How to deal with a narcissist at work

Hey you, welcome back!

4 Likes

Zealot is a great word! Thanks. Actually this person is not even that – they pay lip service to some sort of religious feeling, but treats people completely counter to that. (What would you call that? A hypocrite, perhaps?) I’m not even sure if this person worries about creationism vs. evolution or abortion; science is not their shtick. Even asked me why the moon shone at night once. (!)

But thanks for the comment.

1 Like

I hink you mean “Oally.” :wink:

4 Likes

Ha’s righ! Hanks for fixing ha.:slight_smile:

4 Likes

2 Likes

So basically, to deal with a narcissist, kiss their ass constantly exactly the way they think they deserve. No thanks.

I’m guessing the article was actually written by a narcissist.

5 Likes

The 1882 edition of “American Etiquette and Rules of Politeness Book” offers this advice: “One should render the offending narcissist unconscious by generously dosing the offender’s morning tea with some inconspicuous, yet potent, soporific; carefully shave off the entirety of the offender’s body hair, including any about the offender’s fruitful areas); with an umber tempura-base pigment (one-half peck should be sufficient for the task unless the offender is of some unusually loathsome size) and using a one-inch sable round brush, legibly scribe “Please strike me” onto the offender’s arms, legs, and torso (front and back) leaving the offender’s face unmarked (and therefore recognizable); with the offender still au naturel and unconscious, remove he or she to a highly trafficked public area (a town square during mid-morning hours is recommended) and abandon them there.”

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.