How to fight a slow moving lizard

It’s a whole Kirk-Fu fighting style.

robotman980121459553

13 Likes

In the end, you do the same thing as John Wick vs Sumo in Chapter 2.

Spoiler Alert:

You shoot them.

It’s a lizard… in the desert. That sucker should be moving like greased lightning.

Yeah, like that.

Not that that particular bit would help much - every step of what he did was worthless for creating a usable weapon.

I wonder why…

(And some long-running series used the location multiple times for different settings.)

3 Likes

Me and the Earth Kid, Dragon Con 2017. Note that “Dragon Con” is an anagram for “Gorn and Co”.

21 Likes

it was more like “Aww Hell!!”

Slipped that right past the censors.

8 Likes

but… but…
EAR BOX!!

11 Likes

The fight choreography in ST:Enterprise is refreshingly well done.

6 Likes

This is easily one of the most memorable scenes for anyone who grew up watching the original Star Trek.

I will admit that I was genuinely creeped out by the Gorn when I was a kid.

10 Likes

That lizard sounds like it’s seriously congested. Kirk should have just offered some decongestant pills and made friends.

4 Likes

Came to make sure that it had been posted. Was not let down. Good jorb.

3 Likes

So let me get this straight, the lizard guy is strong enough to hurl a giant rock like it was made from styrofoam and has a large mouth lined with flesh-ripping incisors yet he failed to utilize either one of these significant advantages when he had Kirk wrapped up in his arms with his neck mere inches away?

Obviously the lizard guy was paid to throw the fight.

10 Likes

“Mer-cy-fuuul”

2 Likes

The original story had the two combatants, a human and a sphere with tentacles, trapped in a dome with a barrier down the middle that only inanimate objects could cross. The tech ladders were better done, but in the end it was empathy and observation that won the day. The human killed the sphere with a spear, and the higher beings vaporized their fleet and perhaps their race.

2 Likes

Dan O’Bannon is underappreciated as a comedic actor. He’s HILARIOUS in this movie.

4 Likes

This scene, and the entire “Darmok” episode from TNG, are two Star Trek things that my dad will talk about spontaneously. “Oh, this place looks like where Kirk fought that lizard guy!” whenever we’re somewhere with rocks or watching something with rocks or really anything having to do with a rocky desert.

7 Likes

The voice of Ted Cassidy!

You’re making assumptions about Gorn anatomy. I think those are his testicles.

3 Likes

Kirk and Gorn on the ocean!

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaddddddddddd !!!

4 Likes

Well, I wouldn’t use styrofoam rocks, for a start.

3 Likes