MMA fighter: Gorn's fighting style from Star Trek is legit

Originally published at: MMA fighter: Gorn's fighting style from Star Trek is legit | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Video Games Fighting GIF

25 Likes

Fixed. Where’s my Pedant Pendant?

15 Likes

No, Mr. Nealy is referring to the authenticity of the coffee-making methods on board the Enterprise. The replicators are programmed for either pour-over or French press.

7 Likes

The Gorn pheromone subplot is a bit odd.

3 Likes
7 Likes

Can you replicate the beans and grind them for an Aeropress brew, or do I not want to see the future?

7 Likes

Star Trek Drink GIF by Paramount+

Probably. Sometimes people will cook meals on star trek, and I assume, more often than not, they replicate the ingredients rather than having them shipped in fresh… Sisko did that a lot, making some of his father’s recipes (NOLA cuisine). I doubt that the Bajorans have the same type of foods that can be found in Louisiana.

7 Likes

The replicator can grind the beans and make you an Aeropress. The rest is up to you.

7 Likes

does “legit fighting style” mean one can wear a rubber lizard suit in the ring (or octagon, or whatever)?

6 Likes

Is there a video for prune juice?

2 Likes

6 Likes

I note they never bring up the fact that Kirk is not wearing a red shirt, the key to survival in the original series.

4 Likes

Have I really been using the wrong pour all this time? Damn.

Seriously, thank you for the edit. I never knew.

5 Likes
5 Likes

That’s important. In Niven and Pournelle’s The Mote in God’s Eye, a modification made to the ship’s coffee urn offered a small hint at the total Hell to come.

4 Likes

As one who has occupied homonym hell for most of his life a virtual high-five to ye. Don’t know how long i “towed the line”. (seems logical, lines are for towing not toeing. and don’t get me started on vane, vain, vein. all beyond the pail pale )

3 Likes

Boy, I really missed out on the kissing strategy when viewing the episode previously, despite having seen it a few times. The whole fight actually makes a lot more sense with that in mind. (Seriously, it does - the whole thing is so ridiculous to begin with, a kiss-fight can only improve things.)

5 Likes

4 Likes

Thought they meant syrup…

1 Like