How to insert a USB A connector

Originally published at: How to insert a USB A connector | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Hitchcock did it better

8 Likes

200-8

9 Likes

36 Likes

I was hoping that it would refuse to go in.

8 Likes
20 Likes

It’s been years since I’ve seen NxNW, I never realized the obvious symbolism of the train going into the tunnel at the end there, despite it being continually lampooned in Naked Gun, Family Guy, Austin Powers, etc.

6 Likes

I actually dig the music on that video, I wish there were a link to the full track, or the name of the track+artist, etc.

1 Like

Hitchcock used a fireworks grand finale for the same thing in “To Catch a Thief.”

5 Likes

Shazam finds this: Bully Busters by Jack Pop. But maybe instead of clicking that link, you‘d rather loop that USB video.

1 Like

“…rotation applied to the ___________ before or after attempted insertion.”
That’s what she said.

2 Likes

That’s because USB A connector has a spin of 1/2

3 Likes

These renders depict theoretical 3D USB A connectors, which do not actually exist in the real world.

Any USB A connector you will actually encounter is 4D, which is why it always takes at least 2 180 degree rotations to achieve the proper orientation.

(Seriously, I know cost was the main concern way back when, but it’s kind of amazing how many decades we’ve put up with such an obvious UI disaster. At least USB-C fixes that, but now it’s hard to tell if you’re trying to plug a USB-C into a USB-micro or vice versa :crazy_face:).

3 Likes

You don’t remember George Carlin saying, “The last scene is a train going into a tunnel. You don’t have to be Fellini to figure that one out”? Is this article supposed to be this week’s WTAF?

Any version you can find will be lacking if it doesn’t have that DONKDONK on there.

Great find. I’ve spent many hours playing that game and have never heard that music that I recall. In fact I can’t remember the game having any BGM or anything like that. Is the music an easter egg or something?

I have absolutely no idea. I searched via my android cell’s ‘search a song’. You might drop a question at the YT link conversations and see if that yields the answer. Bon chance!

2 Likes

usb GIF

6 Likes