How to make a coin purse out of a rock

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/12/how-to-make-a-coin-purse-out-o.html

5 Likes

over-garden-wall-greg-rock-fact

6 Likes

I really love the end result.
Bear in mind, when grinding stone you’ll live alot longer if you work wet.

9 Likes

Spoiler: it’s an objet d’art that looks like a purse full of coins and not an actual functional thing.

11 Likes

4 Likes

The noises that spherical bit made gave me dentist flashbacks.

2 Likes

Bear in mind, when grinding stone you’ll live alot longer if you work wet.

^This
Silicosis is a thing. Also, it’s cleaner and faster to work wet, and beats your tools up less.

7 Likes
1 Like

Reddit’s /DIWhy offers a great many more such creations for those who enjoyed this one.

1 Like

Schist, that was good. It’s slated to be the sort of purse a skinflint would use, I feel. But only a stoned person would think it real.

5 Likes

How to make a coin purse out of a rock:

Step 1: Find a big heavy rock, and not so heavy as to be unwieldable using two hands.
Step 2: Locate person carrying coin purse.
Step 3: Carrying your step 1 rock, approach step 2 person.
Step 4. Stand near enough to step 2 person to:
Step 4a: clearly threaten said person with the step 1 rock
Step 4b: instruct said person that they must hand over their coin purse or risk being clomped over the head with the step 1 rock.
Step 4c: accept the coin purse from said person. Note: A two-hand rock requires that the coin purse be thrown to the ground.
Step 5: Instruct step 2 person to exit the immediate area.
Step 6: Verify that the step 2 person has left the area.
Step 7: Discard the step 1 rock.
Step 8: Pocket the coin purse.
Step 9: Run away. Note: Direction of escape should be 180 +/-5 degrees from step 2 person’s direction of escape.
Step 10: Examine contents of coin purse; if contents are not acceptable, return to step 1.

2 Likes

That’s what she said.

1 Like

Looks marginally easier than the usual sow’s ear ->> silk purse project.

1 Like

What kind of vise is that at 3:20?

See here as well.

1 Like
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.