How to make a minimalist stereo with an old phone and a $20 amp

[Read the post]

4 Likes

What is this, minimalist week? Did I just not get the memo?

19 Likes

It’s always minimalist week when you’re a hipster - didn’t you get the memo? I just want to know if this stereo will bring me freedom and joy?

6 Likes

Only if it doesn’t actually do anything useful, which this clearly does. For shame!

5 Likes

Count me in on that too.

2 Likes

That can only be answered with a “yes”, indeed.

Oh, sorry.

(I admit, the pushpin is maybe recklessly rococo.)

23 Likes

So, @beschizza, was the working title, “How to cause some people an aneurysm on the internet, or at the very least a vein in the forehead to throb - the minimalist way.”?

5 Likes

That is “minimalist”.

exactly the sort of minimalism that seems to really annoy people on the internet

MINIMALISM!!!

3 Likes

Welcome to BB! Is it suffice to say you are disappointed with BoingBoing?

1 Like

Harsh, very harsh.

2 Likes

Oderint dum spectate.

5 Likes

There is a reason for this, and we would very much like to keep it that way.

9 Likes

And the flood gates open…

2 Likes

per wiki:

“James Altucher is an American hedge fund manager,”

Doesn’t this make him more or less the devil incarnate? I can’t imagine nice things ever being said about another hedge fun manager on BB…

It also says he is an “entrepreneur”, thought not a very good one. It looks like he got in at the start of the dot com bubble, used his position at HBO to get lots of tier 1 clients, and then cash out at the height of the bubble. And then lose it all in 2 years. LOL.

So he is basically Donald Trump with more natural crazy hair who despite his failures still makes some money and wants people to emulate him, selling basically snake oil in the hopes you will have a better life.

1 Like

Take it to the other thread, maybe? These sentiments really don’t belong here.

6 Likes

Roger That!

based on those factors, I believe this recommendation would be right at home on your set-up:

info:

3 Likes

Tell me more about this remix of which you speak. Koyaanisqatsi is one of my all time favorite pieces of music.

4 Likes