How to: make up swears

So why is this swear-pyrrhic not a simple javascript yet? Automatic swear generator, with a simple "share on Twitter " option?

I’ll check back later.

1 Like

Watch out for the monkey though.
The monkey is no joke.

2 Likes

Oh, yes, this! It’s always been what swears sound like, not what they actually say. Religious swears work just fine with us atheists. Most sexual stuff is nice or nasty depending on context. Only the ugly, stupid, and dirty terms have true bias. Yet you can call someone a ‘douche’, which is a useful appliance (so I’m told), and it works as an insult because it sounds right. You can call someone a ‘blockage’ or a ‘scrote’, and you know that they will work too, first time.

But it’s not a Pyrrhic foot. That has the stressed long syllable at the end. It’s an ordinary dactyl, with the stress (Shit) at the beginning, followed by two short unstressed syllables (-gibbon). You could slot it straight into your iambics. Or have I been doing it wrong all this time?

1 Like

You can slot it straight into your iambic too, buddy!

11 Likes

This… this is how we use them in the UK… You’re just catching up now, you shit-caked casual septic shitehawks?

4 Likes

If you think that hard consonants make for the best swear words, you can hardly do better than “fuck-knuckles”.

2 Likes

May your chickens turn into emus and kick your dunny door down!!

Now, isn’t that better than “A pox on your house”?

3 Likes

Fucktangles.

1 Like

Well, the occasion is the mother of creativity here. While I love old school expressions like "Holy Mackerel’, sometimes something more vulgar is needed. Having lived in Italy for some time, I can attest that the Italians are worthy contenders to the Scots. Very inventive and at least one religious figure is incorporated.

For what is happening presently on Earth and in places like Yemen, an apt description of the perpetrators would be Fucktard for which I take credit. Also Cocksuckling and Colonbrainy. More sophisticated is Cerebrectum and way too many in D.C. running around with that one. Sphinctorhead is taken well also.

One of my favorites from the Old Europe is Arsch mit Ohren which translates into Asshole with Ears (the -hole is necessary to prevent associations with any Ass - as in Donkey.

Edit:
I almost forgot another one of my own. Also very descriptive and fitting when speaking of those who fuck up Earth - Motherearthfucker. Because that’s what certain people do.

1 Like

I see what you did there, using the one word that can reliably cause pearl-clutching outrage even in Scotland

1 Like

If I did that, it was through ignorance…One of my superpowers…

.r.

1 Like

That might just go either way… Juggling monkeys seems like you would either need to train the little beasts to put up with that kind of handlin or stick to, yanno, dead ones…

Or Todd & the Book of Pure Evil (which is like a mix of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and a rude stoner comedy). ‘Dickmitten’ turned my head when I heard it there.

I think the Scots are running level-pegging with Russian and Yiddish profanity.

Cockweasel has a lot going for it as a general term of abuse - it’s pretty much equal opportunity, although maybe gender-specific.

Twatpetrel

1 Like

trumpfucker

1 Like

eeewww. That’s nasty.
“You should only grow headfirst in the ground like a turnip!”

2 Likes

Cockwomble.

I must say though that I still get a lot of mileage out of “smeg”.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.