How to make vast amounts of "thick and glossy" slime

Came here to make this same suggestion. Methylcellulose is non-toxic, soluble in water and it is a staple in fx houses for creating all sorts of gunk and slime.

3 Likes

Awesome, I will absolutely check this out for my future clear and goopy slime needs.

1 Like

Cooked cornstarch, food coloring and water. In the right amount it can make a clear gel.

1 Like

Oh! Are you a hagfish?!?!?

ETA: sigh @docosc beat me to it…

1 Like

Oh dang! You beat me to it!

Good work.

2 Likes

My wife complains pretty often that I would remember the stuff I am actually supposed to do if my brain was not stuffed with useless trivia, but hey, you play the hand you are dealt, right?

3 Likes

GirlChild is SUPER into slime/putty/anything similar, so we’ve been experimenting, and the most pleasing we’ve come up with is a variant on the “butter slime” as seen in many youtube videos.

We used equal parts standard slime (elmer’s glue polymerized with borax water) and Crayola “Model magic” clay. Add that body lotion left over from your last hotel stay until it reaches the right viscosity. You end up with a light “fluffy” slime that has a wonderful smooth/lotiony texture. Weird and fun.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.