How to open a walnut with your bare hands

It was windy last night. On my way to work I was distracted by a tree. I missed my tram and arrived late, but my pockets were full of walnuts :slight_smile:

3 Likes

4 Likes

Or just pickle them before they get hard.

Or you can just emulate our first President and use your teeth.

Hence his painful hippopotamus choppers later in life.

No! (Boiled walnuts? Are you insane?) :wink:
Wet walnuts are very freshly picked ones. Try a freshly picked walnut - I eat mine straight off the ground within days of them falling from the tree. If you ever get the chance (or, as close as you might get - go to a farmer’s market when the new crop is for sale) try them and you’ll be very pleasantly surprised at how different they are from the bagged/shelled dry things sold in stores, or the ones in their shells that have been in storage for months are and just as dry. Wet walnuts are juicier and tastier and sometimes almost ‘squeaky’. Strongly recommended if you’ve never had the chance to savour them like this.

ETA @GyroMagician had pockets full of wet walnuts, almost certainly.

2 Likes

Pickled walnuts are the whole thing, with the hull, almost before the nut inside has properly formed - certainly before the shell within the hull has hardened.

Indeed I did. Yum!

1 Like

with bare hands it’s hard but you can still do it to put the nut on the hard surface and hit it with your hand. But it might be harm you so be careful.

Precisely.

1 Like

Sorry, it’s no walnut november. :crazy_face:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.