How to stop doomscrolling

Doesn’t she know that things are going to hell in a hand basket? :wink: In seriousness, congratulations!

5 Likes

Oh man that stuff is so good, I gain two pounds if I just think about it.

1 Like

Stop? Why would I want that?

7 Likes

Great call: I’m gonna build a beat this week. Thank you!

1 Like

Yes I’m doomed
Doom-scrolling
Yeah I’m doomed
Doom-scrolling

I’m a an old guy sitting in my office
There are monitors showing all the yard
Am I a bad man because I just keep on working
Through these trying times that we’re living in

But I’m doomed
Doom-scrolling
Yeah I’m doomed
Doom-scrolling
(Doom-scrolling, I’m a Doom-scrolling}

1 Like

I’m “Final Fight” Scrolling. I’m, Haggar, obviously.

2 Likes

Thanks for this, Robert. As others have noted, came at a great time.

Tangentially to all the above: having lived in the greatest pizza city in the world, I can tell you that is quaint and amusing to hear a slice of Sicilian called “Detroit style” or “Chicago style”. So cute.

Only the greatest style of pizza in the world, that’s all.

But if I stop doomscrolling, I won’t know when they’re coming for me!

(Seriously, I was just giving this answer yesterday for why I don’t just stop.)

For whatever reason, my brain thinks that if it knows more, things will get better, or be OK, or at least I can handle it better. Everyone in my household agrees that doomscrolling is healthier than raging at passersby without masks. I can’t control politics, I can only doomscroll; I can control the spread of the pandemic by wearing a mask, so EVERYONE SHOULD BE WEARING THEIR FUCKING MASKS! and the household and therapist agree that I shouldn’t force people on the sidewalk outside to do so.
So I doomscroll. And comment. And doomscroll some more.

6 Likes

I wouldn’t say Little Caesar’s deep dish is detroit style, but it comes from Detroit and maybe is inspired by Detroit style. The crust, especially the square corners, is pretty standard. Also, at least often, the sauce gets poured in a strip on top instead of beneath the cheese, but I don’t know if that is canonical or just what my local place does.

Anyway, in order to stop doomscrolling, the simple trick is that you have to want to stop doomscrolling. I see no reason in the current world for anyone to want to stop. We need to fix that problem before any of these tricks are going to be effective.

Detroit has deep salt mine tunnels. This is obviously some Pizzagate/QAnon thing.

2 Likes

Talk about bringing a knife to a gun fight

2 Likes

I make a point of shutting down my computer (the only place I have Twitter) before 8 pm, which puts the kibosh on doomscrolling for the night.

My last tweet of the day is always something amusing or uplifting. Sometimes involving @hourlyfox photos, or music:

1 Like

2 Likes

Use a VPN to make the Interwebs think you’re in New Zealand. The ads on Youtube are absolutely charming and are US-politics-free.

1 Like

I started reading a series of novels to take my mind off of the fact that the US is figuratively tearing itself apart.

err… maybe this series wasn’t the best choice.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.