How to stop websites from auto-playing audio and videos

‘Man destroys keyboard and screen: doesn’t know which bit’s actually causing him the pain.’

(Your point remains valid - the title of yon tube-of-thou doth vex me, 'tis all.)

2 Likes

I feel your pain. Have you tried smashing your comp– er, your display with your keyboard? It really is quite cathartic. :grin:

1 Like

'pon my troth, thou mocketh me!

(With sincere apologies to @Mindysan33 for the migraine I’m triggering. )

2 Likes

You could close a lot of windows, but then you might be closing an important window that ought to stay open and that isn’t bothering you.

Seriously, I’m glad that finally someone’s got around to addressing the problem, after all my searching “disable autoplay”!

Now how come there’s no fix for Internet Explorer, the browser they made us use at my last job?

1 Like

Wait for Flash to crash IE? :innocent:

1 Like

“Try clicking the little red X in the upper right-hand corner of the browser window.”

Camouflaged close button, no close button, browser won’t let you scroll to make the close button accessible, website doesn’t have reading view. Are website owners so desperate for ad revenue that they’re willing to make their sites unreadable in order to get it?

1 Like

My cod-medieval-english, that is intentionally atrocious, and that I assumed world cause a sympathetic headache in anyone who actually knew what they were doing there - ‘spider-sense’ style.
(‘historian-sense’? :grin:)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.