How to think positively and why it's so hard to do that

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/29/how-to-think-positively-and-wh.html

3 Likes

bright-side

12 Likes

giphy (1)

10 Likes

Question: which computer monitor do you recommend that can neatly fit this entire webpage on the screen? Asking for a friend

Alternatively:
giphy (44)

5 Likes

I couldn’t get past the narrator’s vocal fry. I know we’re not supposed to be bothered by that, and normally I’m not at all, but hers was turned up to 11.

1 Like

Yes, there really are SO many barriers men have to get through before they can actually listen to what a woman is saying. :roll_eyes:

22 Likes

I mean… right? Hair. Vocal fry. Ugh. /s

The ways we offend just by existing seems endless sometimes.

broadchurch-sad|nullxnull

14 Likes

It’s not endless. Some fella will be along in a bit to add to it but… oh, wait, my bad…

8 Likes

We post how many videos on Boing Boing a day?

How many of the ones with men in them start with posts about hairstyle and vocalization?

It’s clearly not just that a portion of the population is hardwired in only one behaviour here. Jeez.

14 Likes

I liked the video because there was no mention of president pine-sol.

What I love is the assumption that inability to listen is somehow not a personal problem to overcome on one’s own without compaint. My whole life I thought that if I couldn’t pay attention to something very well then that means I need to focus more and worry about myself less.

7 Likes

‘Thinking positively’ in a world that actively facilitates and profits from negativity is very challenging, to say the least.

8 Likes

Cool video. Practice makes perfect, after all.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.