How to turn off Netflix autoplay of previews

Will this kill it on the Apple TV app as well?

Great. Now what we need is YouTube to get rid if their fucking auto pause feature too. They seem less receptive to feedback however.

1 Like

It’s not magic. Your Netflix app needed to be restarted.

2 Likes

Well, it’s indistinguishable from magic. And I invoked some pretty powerful curses as well.

10 Likes

Now what about autoplay previews after shows? I hate that shit with a fiery passion, esp. as one of those people who enjoys sitting through the credits.

Based on the language of the feature it sounds like these are not disabled by any of the autoplay controls, but I haven’t had a chance to actually test since enabling the new feature.

3 Likes

Fantastic! Auto preview is the worst.
Thank You

5 Likes

You can turn this off as well. It’s another checkbox in the same place.

1 Like

The other checkbox says “autoplay next episode”, which has been around for a while. This one does NOT disable autoplay previews after features.

2 Likes

Oh, I see what you’re saying. YMMV, but this new setting seems to have the same effect on that as well. (At least on my Apple TV.)

1 Like

That is what I’m hoping for! Can’t wait to test it out myself.

1 Like

Ditto. Our long Netflix nightmare is over.

3 Likes

I get the feeling that I’m not the only one submitting the words “Fucking Finally” in the “additional comments” box on that was-this-page-helpful survey…

6 Likes

Ummm, help article “How do I turn autoplay on or off?”

NOTE:
There may be a delay before the setting takes effect. You can force an update by switching to another profile, then switching back in order to reload your profile with the updated setting.

1 Like

Thank you. Now I just need a way to stop YouTube end tiles.

1 Like

Your favorite ad-blocker with a per-element CSS filter should do the trick. I think I’ve succeeded in doing this with uBlock Origin, for instance.

That feature has been available for a while, as @wazroth mentioned

True. Forgot to add…on AppleTV. :grimacing:

Ah, that I cannot help with. :-/

1 Like

Now, the next one is to figure out how to turn autoplay off on BoingBoing.

2 Likes