How to turn off Netflix autoplay of previews

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/06/how-to-turn-off-netflix-autopl.html

19 Likes

BLESS! (this is a complete sentence.)

30 Likes

Thank you so very much!!!

16 Likes

:pray: :pray: :pray:

14 Likes

Thank you for posting this! It’s been driving me CRAZY!

16 Likes

BoingBoing doing the Lord’s work today :pray: :pray: :pray:

18 Likes

Thank you! A simple solution to a VERY annoying feature.

14 Likes

I have been a customer since they launched and the one and only time I have contacted them was to bitch them out about not being able to disable this noise.

16 Likes

:clap: :joy: :joy: :clap: I don’t know who you are sir, or where you come from, but you’ve done me a power of good.

Where do I go to nominate someone for Editor of the Year?

10 Likes

Holy Guacamole, there is a Dog!

10 Likes

Big ups to you!

7 Likes

This must be new. I’d swear that this was intentionally impossible to turn off in the past.

6 Likes

We know who to thank, too:

:grin:

16 Likes

I remember my conversation with Netflix being much less magnanimous than hers. I believe there were disparities metioned about the UI design capabilities of some “cave dwelling script kiddies”.

3 Likes

For a long time it was. Thank fuck they finally have a way to turn this aggressively awful feature off.

12 Likes

For those who followed the instructions in their browser and found they didn’t work, as I did, here’s a tip.

I turned on Netflix via my Roku box, and the stupid previews still started playing. I swore a lot, gave it some thought, then unplugged the Roku and plugged it in again. I started up Netflix and the autoplay feature is now gone.

Why? I’m going with magic.

13 Likes

This is the kind of content that’s kept me coming back for the last 10 years. Thanks, @pesco.

11 Likes

Thank you Rita and everyone! Now, off to not get annoyed while looking for something to watch…

9 Likes

Oh, thank goodness.

8 Likes

It was impossible as recently as last week, when I contacted their support to beg to fix it. You’re welcome.

4 Likes