How to win at Sumo wrestling

For some reason i’m intensely curious about this. Does anybody have any more info? @beschizza?

2 Likes

It looks fun, but I can’t with male-only professional sports.

4 Likes

That guy seems like he can barely move anymore.

Sometimes a wedgie is the only move you have left.

4 Likes

Yeah, that guys crazy.

1 Like

No me too

4 Likes

My brother-in-law used to be REALLY into sumo (like, stay up through the middle of the night to watch matches live on NHK - into it). I would ask him but his interest waned a few years ago and he no longer stays up on it.

How to win at Sump wrestling.

Smuggle a big-ass club into the ring…?

The Konishiki bout looked fixed.

Two of the biggest names right now are Mongolian and Bulgarian

1 Like

The bout starting at 6:20 (which lasts TWO AND A HALF MINUTES) is a thing of beauty, especially the takedown.

1 Like

I’ve seen the thin foreign wrestler in many of the big events over the years watching sumo at the sake shop. He really stands out. The most impressive win I saw was when he picked up another wrestler of the usual build and just lifted him out of the ring.

2 Likes

I’ve never seen sumo but i am aware that there have been foreign champions and high level competitors for quite some time. Sadly the one time i’ve ever been to Japan (last year) we weren’t able to go to a sumo match, hope i get a chance if i go back :slight_smile: (We did get to see a baseball game though. which was fantastic. Go Baystars!)

1 Like

I watched a thing some years ago where there are three factors in sumo, build, spirit and technique; and that any two of those could make you a good fighter.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.