Howard Stern and the Village People both fell for a satire article about the cop from the Village People

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/06/11/howard-stern-and-the-village-p.html

4 Likes

Are they upset because he’s black, or because he’s a cop?

Are we sure that The Hard Times aren’t the ones getting played here? That email doesn’t look like something a professional PR representative would write.

2 Likes

every time someone uses that simplistic, unhelpful “ACAB” line all i think about is

5 Likes

All Cops Are Bastards - simplistic AND helpful :hugs:

3 Likes

Satire. Sometimes it’s so hard to tell wether something is satire or not.

Can’t wait for the automated copyright detection systems that will be able to take fair use (and thus satire) into account… yeah, we’ll see. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Ah But, All Cops Are Bastards

I like it!

2 Likes

A news story that begins with “Howard Stern and the Village People” must be on someone’s bingo card somewhere. Or a triple word score in some game.

3 Likes

Has it been more or less helpful than the the simplistic “It’s only a few bad apples” line that I have heard ad nauseum for the last few decades.

The PD barrels are so full of bad apples they have started fermenting into calvados.

8 Likes

Really he should swap to a sexy fireman.

2 Likes

I absolutely love the salutation Matt used in his letter to the lawyer:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.