HOWTO buy your way out of a California speeding ticket

I can’t believe the cop would brag about it, and although it isn’t right to assume someone has money to burn doesn’t mean they actually do…

Thanks,
phil@usedindianapoliscars.com

Yes.

There are constant discussion and allegation if and how towns misuse speed checks, red light checks, etc to create revenue. Police usually gnashes their teeth, as they advocate to concentrate on dangerous spots and not, for example, speed limits that are posted for EPA-reasons, so to speak.

The laenders’ courts usually side with this approach. so misuse like using uncalibrated equipment or putting the “trap” to close to the sign very often end in voiding the ticket, when people challenge it.

That said, it’s usually dead simple to adhere to to speed limit - in all my year’s I’ve overlooked and fall “victim” one (or rather three in a row) only once, because I was preoccupied and the highway itself didn’t lend itself to expecting one. (It was entirely reasonable to post signs and check the traffic, as the highway rather abruptly ended and turned into a regular road.)

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.