Huge Pokémon Go YouTube channels deleted, restored after being mistaken for Child Abuse

1 Like

4 Likes

Urrrgh. Mistaken for what??? Damn clickbait style of headlines. I hate having to click when just one more word would tell the info.

And seeing the non Pokemon Go video linked I can see where they are cracking down hard. They have some serious algorithm problems going on.

2 Likes

No wonder.

3 Likes

I think in this case it was wise to leave it off. The letters C and P mean something different in the game versus people posting abusive videos involving children. A more descriptive title could trigger google to ban the link and who knows who else might get notified.

3 Likes

Algorithms are really, really stupid. The problem with computers is that they do absolutely what you tell them.

3 Likes

The “fun” part is the linked video rant showing WHAT IS NOT CAUGHT.

2 Likes

I once wrote a shell script that had a small bug in its recursion. It created a nested set of folders that Windows couldn’t interact with in any way, including deleting the folders. Just like I told it to do.

Machine learning get’s around the problem of taking instructions from error prone humans and instead relies on a roomful of monkeys eventually solving the problem, one way or another, maybe with unforeseen side effects or issues.

3 Likes

2e72u3

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.