Human beings are the gut flora of immortal, transhuman corporations

Bacteria are no longer considered plants by any stretch of the imagination, but I think most biologists still count both as flora, along with fungi and the different lines of algae. And I would argue that’s entirely reasonable.

There are course many exceptions, but animals and the various protozoa tend to be consumers with mobile stages. While these groups instead tend to be producers or decomposers; they often have cell walls and may grow into films or vegetative forms, which are often similar enough despite the phylogenetic distance.

In other words, there tend to be two broad ecological or phenotypic categories. After all, it may not correctly reflect their phylogeny, but there are reasons people considered most plants or animals when they were discovered. Not everything needs to be about descent.

1 Like

Human beings are the gut flora of immortal society. Corporations are a part of the organism that is out of control, growing rapidly, and threatening to kill the organism. We can’t get rid of them, but we can shrink them, and keep them from metastasizing. The gut bacteria are actually in charge, here.

Just don’t even try proportionally representative, subsidiary profit sharing, legally responsible cooperatives.
It wouldn’t work without some small number of people manipulating the basis of law to concentrate power and money away from the majority as there wouldn’t be any promotion of psychopathically motivated enclaves of megalomaniacs who exist outside of the law for the brief moments of time in which they can inflict themselves on everyone else.

Until immortality comes around, then they can fuck everyone for ever.

Cooperatives, mutuals, partnerships? WHERE’S THE FUCKING INCENTIVE TO DOMINATE!!?

Oooh! Oooh! I know that one!

Homo vegetatus spudensii

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.