Human mob defeats single AI in the battle to retake San Francisco's streets

Or it stupidly inserted itself into the crowd. Most droids are smarter than that.

6 Likes

Waymo money, Waymo problems.

5 Likes

Wham-O_Logo

3 Likes

I’m only part-way through writing a story about a town rising up against driverless cars and the violent war they wage against Auto Mobiles, and reality beat me to it.

7 Likes

I don’t remember if Vonnegut mentioned vehicles, but isn’t that the plot to “Player Piano”?

3 Likes

@Brainspore it was not that Spielberg move that was relevant…

2 Likes

That had to ve the only 1970’s vehicle-centric movie that didn’t end with a massive, fiery explosion. Which was quite a surprise considering that the antagonist vehicle was a freakin’ fuel truck.

6 Likes

Maybe they can narrow it down to one of the 4 million or so drivers who will be out of work when AI takes their jobs.

1 Like

What do you mean, “fight back” - they started this.

6 Likes

I’m sure I’m misunderstanding their intent, but I saw A.I. as an allegory of people’s treatment of pets. Too many people get pets for whatever reason, deep or superficial, then dump them when they can no longer care for them, or just get bored of them.

Maybe I’m projecting my own sadness onto the movie, since Easter is coming, which means a lot of people will get rabbits as pets then dump them when they realize they are more work than hamster. Come April there will be so many bunnies in need of a forever home, and I can’t adopt them all.

4 Likes

Yes, so unclear. Though it was obviously unrelated to the car trying to drive through a crowd of people celebrating the new year, though…

(Alternate headline: “SF crowd takes preventative safety measures”)

4 Likes

" Human mob defeats single AI"
Well, it least it didn’t have a family.

1 Like

Happy to help.

5 Likes

Is the town called Paris by any chance?

1 Like

Or can you?

bunny GIF

Although I’d be suspicious of a fox adopting bunnies

5 Likes

4 Likes

I got to see the Lion Dance at the local big Asian supermarket. It wasn’t interrupted by a self driving car, or even a Bird scooter, so other than the loud noises to scare away evil spirits, it was peaceful.

1 Like

I want to live forever on Usagijima!

(And this Fox would never harm a bunny rabbit! :hugs:)

3 Likes

Looks like one of the side streets between Grant and Kearny, which was shut down for at least part of that day to cars for the Sun Doe celebration and for vendor stalls. Obviously Waymo didn’t get the memo not to enter.

5 Likes

That’s what a fox would say.

4 Likes