Humanoid pink poodles camp it up in Seth Bogart's 'Boys Who Don't Wanna Be Boys' video

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/11/21/humanoid-pink-poodles-camp-it-up-in-seth-bogarts-boys-who-dont-wanna-be-boys-video.html

4 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Contact issues with StackSocial/BoingBoing Store

dog

12 Likes

That’s the queerest thing I’ve seen in a while. I love it.

11 Likes

Wow - total nostalgia hit from the Toni Basil vid. That was 1981, so I can only assume it must have been on Top of the Pops (UK) - pre MTV for sure but still remember the fox (wolf?) and 2 rabbits doing Irish step dancing :rabbit::fox_face::rabbit:

ETA: The Seth Bogart tune issa bop as well, great homage to the original vid

3 Likes

I found it kinda boring and creaky.

4 Likes

tenor

5 Likes

Toni Basil’s “You Gotta Problem” video

Credit to DEVO (it’s the song Pity You), along with covers of Be Stiff and Space Girls (DEVO joined in on the latter two) from that Toni Basil album Word of Mouth.

4 Likes

Toodles poodle!

2 Likes

MTV started in 81, so not necessarily pre-MTV. The uploader says it was from her TV show. IMDb doesn’t seem to list it, but Spanish Wikipedia lists a one-off production of The Toni Basil Show in 82.

3 Likes

Decidedly less creepy than:

2 Likes

Blue Oyster Cult

(Blue Oyster Cult)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.