Humans gobble at a turkey, and it gobbles right back at them in amusing exchange (video)

Originally published at: Humans gobble at a turkey, and it gobbles right back at them in amusing exchange (video) | Boing Boing

Video doesn’t work in any of my browsers.

Firefox:

Everything else shows a player, but gray and no controls do anything

7 Likes

I can’t watch the video either, so here is another human/turkey interaction. The human is very amused. I don’t know how the turkeys feel, but I get a sort of grudging acceptance?

5 Likes

Well, the link to the video wasn’t working for me, but that’s OK because I’ve seen it and done it dozens of times. Talk turkey. Do it well, the turkey talks back and comes right to you. This is how turkey hunting is done, fellow mutants.

1 Like

Here’s another one.

Same for whatever Google uses too.

1 Like

It’s great for herding farm turkeys back into their pens at night when you free-range them as well. They don’t roam as far as chickens/Guinea fowl/peafowl/grouse/quail but they’re MUCH less bright about returning to their secure roosts at night and their sociability is key to avoiding having to carry a 25 lb bird back home when they decide to tuck in somewhere unsafe.

Sure, when you do it with turkeys they play along.
If you do it with peacocks you get mobbed by a whole flock :fearful:

Yes, I do know this firsthand.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.