Hurricane Aletta: 2018's first major Pacific storm already Category 4, no threat to land... yet

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/06/08/hurricane-aletta-first-major.html

2 Likes

And the Pacific hurricane season is off to a running start. The projections this year were for a ‘normal to slightly above normal’ hurricane season, with 4-6 hurricanes in the Pacific basin between Mexico and Hawaii. As long as the hurricanes stay where they don’t harm anyone, that’s fine.

1 Like

Double take. Checked the spelling. Not named after an upcoming film. I was wondering if product placement had reached a new nadir.

I hope it fizzles out quietly somewhere.

1 Like

Hey, just because you don’t like anime is no reason to hope a live-action film based it flops.

2 Likes

This is just a bit too reminiscent of Patricia back in 2015. Has the template for northeastern Pacific hurricanes changed?

2 Likes

I wish that BB had a “Super Like” button, maybe usable once per member per day. You’d have got my one.

“I’ll take Side Effects of Global Warming, Pat!”

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.