Hurricane Ida (and Aftermath) Thread

Mark Hamill Shadowsfx GIF by What We Do in the Shadows

7 Likes

Good. He can fuck off. And keep fucking off forever.

9 Likes

I hope seeing his destroyed toy alpaca broke his evil, tiny heart.

11 Likes

Me too. I kind of wish such assholes would see such event as god smacking them into being better people, but they won’t of course. They’ll just blame the satanic libs…

8 Likes
14 Likes

Fingers crossed that the cops will be less opportunistic this time.

On this day, 4 September 2005, in the wake of hurricane Katrina the Danziger Bridge shootings took place, when several New Orleans police officers opened fire with assault weapons on an unarmed Black family.

The Bartholomew family along with James Brissette, a 17-year-old friend, were on their way to a grocery store. Plainclothed police with machine guns then shot six of them, killing two and then stomping on one of the victims as he lay dying. Some of the victims were shot up to seven times and lost limbs. One man was shot five times in the back and a teenage girl was shot four times. Brissette and Lance Madison were killed.The police then fabricated a story claiming they had been fired on by four suspects, an officer had been shot and had to return fire. They even arrested one of the survivors and charged him with eight counts of attempting to kill police. The officer in charge of investigating the shootings helped fabricate evidence to support the shooters’ lies. Guilty verdicts for the killers were handed down in 2011, six years after the crimes.

Source

11 Likes

“ State inspectors who went to the warehouse in the town of Independence “were expelled from the property” and “were subject to intimidation by the owner of the seven nursing facilities,” the health department said.”

“ “The lack of regard for these vulnerable residents’ wellbeing is an affront to human dignity,” Louisiana’s health officer, Dr. Joseph Kanter, said in the statement. “We have lost trust in these nursing homes to provide adequate care for their residents. We are taking immediate action today to protect public health.”

Seven Louisiana nursing homes ordered closed for evacuating patients to warehouse before Hurricane Ida

State health Secretary Dr. Courtney N. Phillips warned: “There is more to come.”

10 Likes

Horrible. What a nightmare. When nursing homes are run for a profit, the people in them are just cogs in your machine. I can see the horrific “logic” of saving money by just shoving them all in a warehouse. :persevere: :disappointed:

8 Likes
10 Likes

One good effect?

5 Likes

ahh! the Real Boca Raton Beach.
not in Florida-da, who knew?

6 Likes
9 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.