Two hurricanes, one gulf

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/08/21/two-hurricanes-one-gulf.html

5 Likes

The hurricanes are caused by tropical depressions. As such i have to apologize for the hurricanes i have wrought.

31 Likes

Another opportunity for the current administration to do nothing, then blame someone else.

27 Likes

Welp…you spoke TS Laura into existence. Thanks. /s

5 Likes

Colloquially they’ll be called Hurricanes Ingraham and Rubio

27 Likes

I was gonna say Loomer, but one disaster is as good as another.

10 Likes

Needs some

12 Likes

Rob, I play a game with myself while reading, where I scroll down in the blog view and try to guess who wrote each article based on the headline. My accuracy is by far highest for your entries, and this one brought me to a particularly high confidence level. Bravo.

11 Likes

How romantic. Two hurricanes meeting for a hug.

2 Likes

towels

14 Likes

<edit: Just remembered that Poe’s Law is now permanently in effect. The following statement is meant as sarcasm.>

Well, this is obviously the work of deep state Obama operatives using weather control satellites powered by satanic baby sacrifices.

17 Likes

So a cherub with a HAARP?

16 Likes

can you blur that please?

The present is bad enough without being reminded of disasters both past and future at the same time.
Can someone stop the ride? I’m ready to get off?

7 Likes

you’re right, it was insensitive of me. i was going for a laugh. also this gif has an unsettling strobe effect which may cause a reaction in some viewers. again, i apologize.

1 Like

I think what you are actually suffering from is a current events topical depression, not a tropical one.

25 Likes

No apology necessary. The joke is obviously making fun of trump, which I got no problem with, and if it was another topic I’d find it funny.
As a native New Orleanian, though, Katrina will not be something I can ever laugh about. And I live in Houston, now, where Harvey wasn’t so fun either. A story that is about the possibility that both might be hit by hurricanes on the same day is just not something that I’m capable of finding humor in

5 Likes

I went to college in Las Vegas with people displaced by Katrina, and a few years later my parents moved to a town about an hour away from New Orleans so i got to see a lot of abandoned homes and neighborhoods that never recovered. It’s heartbreaking and i’m pretty sure things haven’t changed in some areas, last time i was in N.O. that was the case still.

My parents are now in Atascocita which is north of Houston and they got lucky that their home wasn’t flooded but the water level was dangerously close to getting into the house. Had it rained one more day they would’ve been displaced and they had been hunkering down with relatives and the family of an acquaintance all of which had been flooded out of their homes.

I still worry about flooding happening again in Houston. I’m hoping my parents move closer to Austin after they retire, maybe San Marcos or San Antonio.

5 Likes

I wonder where all that energy is coming from …

1 Like

And 2020 continues…

The center of those storms needs some googly eyes.

7 Likes

Person 1: Did you hear about the hurricane that will hit the Gulf Coast sometime in the middle of next week?

Person 2: Which one?

7 Likes