Hurricane Harvey could be strongest storm to hit U.S. in over a decade, and a first for Trump's FEMA

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/08/24/hurricane-harvey.html

4 Likes

Hopefully it changes course and we avoid catastrophe, but in the event of landfall and disaster I predict the response will be much like everything else 45 touches…

A complete and utter clusterfuck.

18 Likes

So, in other words, goodbye New Orleans.

6 Likes

Texans, grab your bootstraps, you’re gonna need 'em.

May Harvey prove merciful.

16 Likes

Given that a change of course will most likely send it over Mexico, your hope is bordering dangerously close to the Trolley Problem.

6 Likes

13 Likes

Good news: New generation of FEMA trailers don’t reek of formaldehyde.

Bad news: The name of chemical they do reek of is a trade secret, and if you get cancer it is your own fault.

21 Likes

You’re absolutely right; I wouldn’t wish this on Mexico (or anyone really) at all. I meant to draw parallel to the hurricane that looked like it was going to flatten Florida last year but veered off to the east.

EDIT: In retrospect, eliminating Florida might not have been completely terrible.

7 Likes

tRump no likey, pray it away Evangelicals!

4 Likes

That copperplate crawl went straight through the video playback widgets, and was too quick to read. It also seemed as if it was unstabilized somehow. The faces were all out of focus too.

2 Likes

Nice crawl message - Let me translate for you:

“You are on your own Mother Fuckers”

7 Likes

I have a feeling there will be lots of water very soon. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, potable, whatever.

4 Likes

Up to 35 inches of rain possible over SE #Texas
For an area that is basically at sea level, spells disaster.

BTW: Didn’t Texas vote TGOP tRump?

10 Likes

I fear I will be stuck on Long Island for a while.

1 Like

jesus hurricane

I have a feeling we’ll be just fine.

6 Likes

Kenny Rogers, circa 1972, to the rescue?

11 Likes

I hope it turns back out to sea.

But - maybe they should consider whether it’s god’s judgment for all that vilification of trans people.

12 Likes

Part of me wants to enjoy the schadenfreude but the more compassionate and rational part of me knows that a lot of Texans hate the orange SOB and their lives are about to get even worse.

19 Likes

If there has to be a storm, could it take out that East Texas courthouse where they do all the BS patent cases? That’d be great, thanks.

7 Likes

Ironically, my ex lives in Texas… and even more ironically we’re actually still cool with each other.

Just texted him; he’s on the hunt to buy water.

12 Likes