Hurricane Harvey could be strongest storm to hit U.S. in over a decade, and a first for Trump's FEMA

While it may be early…Heckuva Job, Donnie!

5 Likes

(May deserve a separate thread.)

8 Likes

Now I have that George Strait song in my head.

Thanks, Melz

13 Likes

But at least you don’t “live in Tennessee,” right?

:wink:

13 Likes

Oh man, I haven’t thought about that stupid song in 20 years. Now I have George Strait singing refrain in my head.

ETA: Dammit jinx

14 Likes

He’ll just drop in (to see what condition our condition is in).

11 Likes

Yep. Whenever I start to feel a little gleeful about the irony, I think of all the puppy dogs and kitty cats that will be imperiled, and any potential gloating is nipped in the bud. Yeah, not so big on people. But animals get to me.

8 Likes

Category 11 blues for a Cat 3 storm.

8 Likes

I’ll give 'em this: at least this time around they’ve hired someone with actual emergency management experience, and from a hurricane-prone state, at that.

Granted, I don’t really know anything about the guy, other than they didn’t hire him away from an equestrian association.

12 Likes

Indeed. It is nice to read a parcel of humanity and hope.

3 Likes

More people hate him in Texas than in any other state he won, and some of the parts being hit are some of the ones that hate him the most.

4 Likes

Breitbart has four stories up about Harvey, so I guess it’s not Fake Storm. :sunglasses:

8 Likes

#RedStatesMatter

7 Likes

I can almost hear “Brownie, you’re doing a heckuva job” but I think Trump will rage against MSM and blame both sides for this disaster.

7 Likes

Cheetolini don’t care.

–wait, does he have resorts in Harvey’s path?

3 Likes

Whether he does or not I’m sure we’ll hear some non sequitur lying boast about it, along the lines of “Do you know I own a winery in Charlottesville? It’s one of the biggest in the country!”

4 Likes

The hardest-hit Texans are going to be working-class Hispanic people.

14 Likes

Thanks for this.

Writing to you from the small but mighty blue dot inside the mostly red state of Texas: Austin. (There’s quite a bit of blue voter territory here but as y’all probably know the gerrymandering’s been awful here for years.)

We live in the exurbs about 25 miles from downtown ATX, and I just found out that our community tractor (useful for pushing fallen trees off the roads) has been kaput for a year. I plan on topping off our pickup’s gas tanks (one plus the onboard reserve), and redigging a trench around the upslope side of our house. In the Hill Country of CenTex there are lots and lots of slopes.

Every tree here is screaming for a decent drink. Lordy we could sure use the rainwater. We haven’t seen real rainfall in over a month.

8 Likes

Stay safe, all you Texas people.

9 Likes

Did someone ask for some rain?

6 Likes