Hurricane Matthew: 339 dead in Haiti, storm threatens Florida and 'Space Coast' sites

Vanilla Ice survived!

3 Likes

Thanks . . . fortunately for my Mom, while this is the time of year my folks would head south, she hasn’t been down there since my father died. A neighbor looks after the place.

If it isn’t blown over and/or looted, the old trailer could sold furnished to someone from the coast who wasn’t as lucky.

Meanwhile, sending good vibes to people in Haiti and Florida. I certainly don’t miss hurricaines out in Oregon.

6 Likes

Remember to stock up on bread and milk and whatever is left on the store shelves . . .

Mmmm . . .

6 Likes
9 Likes

That’ll work, but a Typhoon party is your link multiplied until seeing straight becomes difficult. Three or four days per storm, when the flightline is shut down (and the jets have likely been flown elsewhere for safekeeping) and the rest of the base was ‘locked down’, that meant it was time to Pahr-Tey. As was said of such things in the 70’s:

When typhoons hit, we were restricted to our barracks, so we partied.

Still true:

Imgur

EDIT: Little bro down in S. FL says it’s all clear, not much damage for them. Up north, on the other hand…hang in there Grandma/Aunts/Cousins!

2 Likes

Nobody was shopping, but I guess hope springs eternal.

2 Likes

I think the shelf’s empty because that a GREAT DEAL on Progresso soups!

3 Likes

Matthew ran over some friends and family this morning, luckily the worst stayed off coast.

Some clean up today. Hope it doesn’t do too much as it moves.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.