Hygiene education gives conservative news hosts a dirty feeling

I think we’ll see more and more of this as the Right runs out of demons. They’ll be able to lean on trans people for quite a while yet, but that will pass and then they’re really into the short rows on people and things to hate. Their targets will have to get increasingly silly. They’ve already made some moves to go after Furries, with some attempts to lump them in with trans people. After that, what do they have left? They’ll keep circling back to Jewish people and PoC, but otherwise it’s gonna be deodorant and the air in potato chip bags.

6 Likes

So no books, no basic arithmetic, no sex-ed, no non-binary, no personal hygiene, no (whatever pop into their head the next day) …etc but the bible is OK. What is this? Missionary school? They really want to go back to the medieval times is it?

“For again, elementary school. This is not high school. This is not college.”

If you’re that uncomfortable talking with your kids about their body hygiene, I don’t think you have the right to prevent the kids to seek help from someone who can.

3 Likes

I used to work at a school full of 6th graders - all 11-12 and in various stages of puberty. Within the first week, teachers would be complaining about how ripe some of their rooms got, especially right after recess.

Fortunately, we had Nurse Mindy. Nurse Mindy would happily give kids the hygiene talk, and even hand out free travel-size deodorants.

I and the other male educators were also REALLY glad that she would deal with any “girl stuff” that arose throughout the year. If parents hadn’t prepared their daughters adequately, it could be very stressful. She had free products for that, too. Also lots of gentle, non-judgemental advice and care.

That woman was a saint!

5 Likes

A conservative radio host broke the new first but Fox Newa did a follow up:

Long story short; The school in Washington State and the school district did not know what material the Teen Council (A Planned Parenthood organization) would be bringing to their presentation. The presentation is not a regular part of the schools curriculum.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.