HYST Generic Discussion Thread

Plain Facts for Old and Young is a horrible horrible book.

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from Have you seen THIS?:

Singer Sinead Oā€™Connor has been located, Wilmette police say

3 Likes

I wasnā€™t aware one could file defamation suits against crazy. Thanks, Arsenio, for teaching me something today.

3 Likes

Thank godā€¦ I was really worried about her.

Also, is it time to move to Wilmette and be her friendly neighbor.

2 Likes

@Daneel: I will likely have to watch Dark Tower several times before Iā€™ll be able to pay any damned attention to the words coming out of anyoneā€™s mouth. For the second time ever, Iā€™m looking forward to a Stephen King movie coming out (I was all of about 12 when this happened the first time, may Mr. Phoenix rest in peace).

5 Likes

I know right!? So looking forward to this!

3 Likes

Thatā€™s from Seven Chances. The only good remake of that plot I have seen was a 3 Stooges short.
See the whole film. Then see The General and a bunch of Keatonā€™s shorts and Steamboat Bill Jr, and etc.

ETA Buster did all his own stunts. He did not trust the stuntmen to do it right.

3 Likes

They already backtracked, and then got criticized for that too.

Iā€™m not sure how much money you save by not hosting a website with recipes on it, anyway. Donā€™t think their hosting fees would have dropped by $15m.

3 Likes

Dear whiny dudebros, there really is a metric fuckton of ā€˜guysā€™ shows out there already (and a lot that I would rather not hear about much less see) so please please kindly quit making me look bad because I also happen to have dangly bits. Oooh the show is all empowering to women, well you know what, that is a good thing. We could use a whole lot more of that if you ask me.

5 Likes

Re: Men tanking imdb ratings for shows women watch.

Now, some guy with an egg as a Twitter avatar could argue that shows with female-heavy audiences are lower-quality.

Ah, Twitter eggs.

That list at the end of show with more than 1 point difference between male and female ratings is very telling.

6 Likes

The ā€œtheyā€™re doing well and we canā€™t compete - no fairā€ criticism is just sad. And I am sad that Trump is ruining the word ā€œsad.ā€

2 Likes

So thatā€™s why Sex in the City 2 ā€œsucksā€.

Maybe you should have stuck with Entourage.

2 Likes

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

1 Like

OMG thisā€¦

Weā€™ve been all over this on Twitter, not solely for this, but because the first google of that womans name is an article about how sheā€™s going to keep her husband forever because sheā€™s going to ā€œstay hotā€ for him ā€¦ (also apparently her husband is a con artist?) and gag me a spoonā€¦ my eyes just rolled right out of my headā€¦

4 Likes

I saw a blurb about that on whatever morning program it was that was on while I was getting my teeth cleaned this morning. The hygenist and I were both a little dubious, to say the least.

2 Likes

Her twitter bio says sheā€™s an actress.

Her only named role on IMDB is in something called Nude Nuns with Big Guns. Sounds good!

6 Likes

Almost simultaneously, in early May, the organization announced the launch of an affiliated venture, run by many of the same operatives, called Definers Public Affairs. Definers offers to wage political-style negative campaigns, for profit, on behalf of undisclosed private clients, including corporations. According to its Web site, Definers will ā€œcreate dossiersā€ on opponents, monitor them from a ā€œfull-service war room,ā€ and build both ā€œgrassrootsā€ alliances and ā€œa paid online presence.ā€ This raises the possibility that undisclosed business interests are paying to choose the targets they want Republican operatives to attack.

Could this explain our recent influx of reflux-inducing newbies?

7 Likes

I know itā€™s not nice to laugh at otherā€™s misfortune, but Oā€™Keefe is an ass and Iā€™m glad this happened to him. Itā€™s people like him who are making the world a worse placeā€¦

As the to the quoted stuff - I would not doubt it.

8 Likes

If itā€™s not nice to laugh at that phone call, I donā€™t want to be nice.

4 Likes

Yeah. People like him donā€™t care about the public or the truth, they care about scoring partisan points and bringing down the ā€œother sideā€ at all cost, no matter what the damage is.

So, yeah, letā€™s all laugh at that assholeā€¦ :wink:

5 Likes