HYST Generic Discussion Thread

And if they have Kick ass first seasons they end up on Fox, aired out of order and summarily cancelled.

6 Likes

Iā€™m a huge Connelly fan. Lots of his solo stuff is very songwritery with lots of experimental overtones, sort of like Scott Walker. He also did lots of stuff with Martin Atkins in the 90s with Pigface (which is the one and only time I saw him on tour - he only plays in Chicago now, I think). Shipwrecked is a great album and I really love Blonde Exodus, though itā€™s sort of his attempt at being Jacques Brel or someone like that. He also has a book of poetry, a memoir (of his time with Ministry/RevCo) and a novel!

But yeahā€¦ straight up 1980s or early 90s electro-industrial stuff with that project. Iā€™m digging it. I thought you and @OtherMichael would, too.

1 Like

That is fucking wonderful!
Not only honoring Admiral Grace Hopper, but removing the name of John C. Calhoun from Yaleā€™s buildings. Marvelous!

9 Likes

Calhoun was one scary looking dude:

6 Likes

Kinda halfway between Dracula near the start of the 1992 film:

and Frankensteinā€™s monster. Not someone iā€™d want to meet in a dark alley at night, and i like dark alleys at night (or at least darkness and night, alleys tend to stink).

6 Likes

Tensions were such that as some took to social media to make flippant threats

4 Likes

Hostesses, surely?

1 Like

That is probably a good thingā€¦ seriously. One of the most painful schlock films I have seen.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been trying to figure out how to tell people not to reply there without breaking the rules. Kudos, good citizen!

2 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Have you seen THIS?:

thatā€™s a flashback to college days.

Sounds a lot like Ministry crossed with Front Line Assembly cc 1990.

4 Likes

I know, right (although, technically, Iā€™m still IN my college days!). Not too surprising it evokes Ministry, given itā€™s Connelly.

5 Likes

Well Ministry before they went all speed metal.
And yes memories of being up late watching 120 minutes were evoked. Thanks @Mindysan33

3 Likes

But after they were synth-popā€¦ the Barker era, the sweet spot.

5 Likes

I feel that Douglas Hofstadter would be proud.

4 Likes

OMFG, Iā€™m giggling sooo hard about this pic!

5 Likes

I canā€™t really watch any ST these days.

I saw it all the first time around, but on re-watching I realised that most of my enjoyment of the show came from seeing how happy it made my partner of the time.

3 Likes

Robā€™s been holding out on us. Congratulations @beschizza!

5 Likes

I wonder if it spells out T R U M P across its ass?

4 Likes

Oh Dallas Raines, you scamp, with your sexy doppler radar!

3 Likes

Before the Orange One, he was the orange one.

Why are all the weather people in Los Angeles such LA Story clichƩs?

2 Likes