HYST Generic Discussion Thread

A BABY WAS IN THE SAFE!!!

Congrats, @beschizza!!!

7 Likes

It should be a pejorative, Chait, you ass.

What the fuck is wrong with these people? Are they really so ignorant of history?

7 Likes

Maybe it’s that stupid “Journalists must be objective!” thing?

5 Likes

Probably - that maxim is clearly being used as a political tool to silence people. At some point, people need to understand the consequences that white supremacy has had in the past. There is just no way to sugarcoat it or ignore it. And that it’s still working today. I mean… gentrification, right?

it’s pretty objective that (especially working class) African Americans are being pushed out of the urban core here in town. I can see the changes in my suburban community in addition to seeing the city itself change.

7 Likes

Chait’s always been a right-wing arse pretending to be left. One of the first on the “the real American fascism is PC on college campuses” bandwagon, too.

4 Likes

Indeed.

@Mindysan33

Have you seen this?

4 Likes

This is exactly what I thought when I read that.

“I try to refer to “people who have unjustly killed other people” rather than murderers because “murderer” has such a negative connotation.”

The negative thing isn’t the word it’s the thing that the word is describing.

Besides, “ethno-nationalism” is not a substitute for “racism.” I can’t even think of a good reason to think that Trump is a an ethno-nationalist based on what I would think the word means. I don’t think he has grandiose racist vision, I think he’s just a racist asshole.

3 Likes

Dear lord I need a drink to throw in my eyes.

8 Likes

These two books were indispensable during my dating years…

12 Likes

Nothing you say can make me stop liking you.

7 Likes

5 Likes

But why is it upside down?

4 Likes

Well all those lyrics about kinky/gay sex… sure definitely.

3 Likes

As if…

5 Likes

Yeah… no.

4 Likes

DO YOU EVEN GOATSE?
that’s how the fingers go…

1 Like
5 Likes

Oh… and did you know that Martin Gore’s father is African American! One of those American GI/British women relationships…

5 Likes

I do now.

6 Likes