No, I don’t! :eyes:

7 Likes

Just can’t punch enough…

timing is a bit off

3 Likes

That’s right.
I forgot… You MonkeyOH.

5 Likes

All that time in The Great Link must have done him good. He’s totally nailed doing faces too.

5 Likes

I never realized that Odo was Father Mulcahy.

5 Likes

He’s like a living muppet! <3

5 Likes

He is? OH… in the original film he was, not the show.

2 Likes

@crenquis: My senior year in high school, there was no snow in the southern 1/3 of Minnesota and we had to go up to Hayward/Cable to run our regional cross-country ski races on a portion of the Birkebeiner Trail. It’s bummin’ me out that the big race is cancelled again.

3 Likes

Re: Trump’s “Misdirection” on content of speech.

Trump sat down with reporters and so he told those reporters things that would make them happy. If you ever have lunch with Trump, expect him to tell you things that make you happy.

This whole thing is framed wrong. It’s not “misdirection” it’s Trump doing what Trump will do every time and people listening to him failing to understand what is going on. If he says he’s going to provide a path to legal immigration to a bunch of reporters, that sentence means, “I’d like you to like me.” It has absolutely no other meaning.

2 Likes

Radiolab’s More Perfect podcast did an interesting episode about race and jury selection last year:

http://www.wnyc.org/story/object-anyway

4 Likes

They did! I remember listening to it.

3 Likes

I wish they’d do some more of 'em.

3 Likes

So… pretty much THE PEOPLE WHO NEED HEALTHCARE ARE SCREWED!

3 Likes

I just love how the screen can be interpretted either as someone explaining the flaws with the new healthcare plan or as a recent Trump tweet:

LOSERS!

2 Likes

It does look cool, but the title had me hoping for a Debbie Harry biopic…

5 Likes

Maybe it is? Perhaps Blondie was just a cover story.

4 Likes

From House GOP approves bill allowing companies to force genetic testing on workers [See update]
I like this exchange (i.e. the main dialogue that follows):
https://twitter.com/RadishHarmers/status/840787498066313216

ETA: Obviously i got confused about threads.

3 Likes

Meh. Maybe I’m old fashioned, but the kinds of feminism I go for haven’t called for equal access to the perpetration and celebration of hyperviolence. They’re about reducing violence. And they’re certainly not about reveling in it.

1 Like

The portrayal of realistic cruelty and violence in film bothers me a great deal; it’s unpleasant enough to spoil any other enjoyment. Cartoonishly over-the-top violence, OTOH, bothers me not at all.

I absolutely despise gangster and serial killer movies, but I’ll cheerfully giggle my way through Army of Darkness or The Toxic Avenger.

This one looks far enough into cartoon territory that I could enjoy it, albeit as flashy spectacle rather than feminist manifesto.

1 Like

Fines are good, but justice really demands a charge like this:

Quackery is not a victimless crime.

6 Likes