"I am currently embroiled in what may be the most preposterous lawsuit of all time" — Jimmy Kimmel teases George Santos for suing him (video)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/02/21/i-am-currently-embroiled-in-what-may-be-the-most-preposterous-lawsuit-of-all-time-jimmy-kimmel-teases-george-santos-for-suing-him-video.html

8 Likes

I like the $355M target.

13 Likes

Good luck with all that, Jorge; Disney’s lawyers are gonna have a field day with you.

10 Likes

Maybe Santos will pay his lawyers out of his political campaign funds

6 Likes

“… six pounds of loose ground beef …”

So? That’s just a generous steak tartare.

6 Likes

Streisand much?

4 Likes

I hope Santos goes down in flames, but I also hope Kimmel just learned an important lesson: Everyone who ever gives money to George Santos ends up regretting it.

9 Likes

I guess it comes down to the fine print of the the Cameo T&C’s, and it wouldn’t surprise me if they said something like “recordings are for personal use only and the creator retains broadcast rights” or something similar. On the other hand, I’m sure Kimmel’s lawyers will have looked for a clause like that.

2 Likes

Yeah, unless it was a business cameo video, terms and conditions clearly state you can only use for non-commercial, personal enjoyment :smiley:

If it was a business cameo video , though…

1 Like

Actually, who cares? I mean Santos could win his suit, he’s still not a member of congress and no-one’s going to suddenly think he was a good guy all along.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.