George Santos spends first day as Congressman running from reporters (video)

Originally published at: George Santos spends first day as Congressman running from reporters (video) | Boing Boing

8 Likes

“I’ll be addressing the media soon… on my time.”

In other words, he wants to respond only by releasing a press release with no reporters present so no one can point out his explanations don’t actually make any sense, much less explain anything, and are themselves a bunch of lies.

He’s going to have a harder and harder time dodging the press, given that they’ve barely poked into his affairs and the torrent of lies keeps growing, joined by actual crimes. If he thinks he can just avoid answering questions and it’s all going away, he’s going to get a surprise.

13 Likes

I keep thinking that the next time the public gets to see him, it’ll be in a cameraman’s video of him in a panic and climbing out through a window.

5 Likes

Look, even for a guy with his track record it’s unrealistic to expect any one man to do that much lying all by himself. He was bound to resort to subcontractors sooner or later.

18 Likes

If he wanted to do things on his own time, he shouldn’t have campaigned to serve his constituents. His time is theirs.

8 Likes

He’s such a big liar, that he doesn’t actually exist. Once someone gets close enough to proving that, he’ll dust, and then everyone will forget he existed. “Why is that district empty, didn’t we have an election?”

11 Likes

Arrested Development Treason GIF

Could apply to so many of the maga true believers. Him, probably more in the misdemeanors end of the high crimes listings, but still.

12 Likes

He is the subcontractor. Just not a good one. He needs to be very careful around windows and keep away from any open flames.

8 Likes

Man, it looks like hes going to spend the next 2 years hiding in the bathroom just to avoid the press. He can not be having fun doing this. He should just resign at this point.

3 Likes

Far be it from me to guess what people think is fun.

10 Likes

Lawyers. But who’ll pay for that?

2 Likes

People who know Trump essentially say that - that there’s the performance of Trump, but no actual Trump behind that performance. Which is why he contradicts himself constantly. I suspect something similar with Santos…

Well, to be fair, he was lying when he made those campaign promises…

12 Likes

Seeing the reporters crowd around him at the elevator to the point he needed to ask for some personal space really made me feel sorry for him!

just joking GIF

11 Likes

Well, he has to fill his days somehow, eh? And he’s getting a good salary for it.
I mean, most people hate their jobs, don’t they, but they stick with them.
/s?

3 Likes

How long before the tRump Chumps turn on him for stealing all of their valuable reporter exposure?

1 Like

Santo’s has also ruined the old joke of ‘how does one tell when a politician is lying? Their lips are moving.’ (or at least become the living embodiment of it.)

2 Likes

No kink shaming, please.

5 Likes
6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.