George Santos lied about his job to a judge, as heard in audio obtained by Politico (listen)

Originally published at: George Santos lied about his job to a judge, as heard in audio obtained by Politico (listen) | Boing Boing

10 Likes

If’m waiting for the truly startling news story where it’s discovered he told the truth about something. That might get the GOP outraged enough to kick him out of Congress.

30 Likes

“lied to a judge”

ha, ha, oops!

Oh goodness, how many times will it turn out he didn’t just lie, but lie to a judge, on official forms, under oath… how many ways are there to perjure yourself?

14 Likes

And still have no consequences! He’s a new sort of superhero. He’s a brown-skinned gay man of questionable means with the proportionate societal privilege of a wealthy straight white man.

22 Likes

While on a school field trip, or so he claims, George Santos, if that is his real name, was bitten by a radioactive straight white man…
Now he is your friendly neighbourhood Privilege-Man, who claims to live by the last words of his mother who died in 9/11, even though there’s no records or evidence to back that up - “With great power, comes no accountability.”

30 Likes

Please tell me we’ve just created the plot line for a new Tom The Dancing Bug strip…

15 Likes

“With great priviledge comes great insincerity.”

16 Likes

Ha! I’d just thought of a similar line and was back editing it in while you posted.

It wasn’t exactly the same, do I still owe you a Coke?

9 Likes

So what’s the statute of limitations for lying to a judge in court?

10 Likes

Nope. It’s a team effort. We’re just taking it one topic at a time. I’m just happy to be here.

8 Likes

He stole checks (and who knows what else) in Brazil, and clearly not much had changed for him in the US: unable to pay his rent or bills, shacked up with a credit card skimmer, and his own scams were (at that point, at least) still pretty low level…

[admiring old man voice]: “Why, that fella lies like a rich white man!”

10 Likes

George Anthony Devolder Kitara Ravache Zabrowsky Santos

That’s actually George “Anthony ‘Kitara Ravache’ Devolver” Santos.

4 Likes

is it really perjury if there are no consequences :thinking:

6 Likes

Maybe I give judges too much credit; but if I were facing financial fraud charges I’m not sure I’d want the court to know that I have a friend at Goldman Sachs; seems risky.

5 Likes
6 Likes

He could do like Madison Cawthorn did and talk about the Republican orgies. That’d get him fired in no time. Does anyone even remember him? No. So that’s what’s would’ve happened to Marjorie Taylor Green and Lauren Boebert if they’d lost their elections. Disappear without a trace.

8 Likes

LIed to a judge. Where’s Judy when we need her?

5 Likes

“Crime: Lying to a Judge. Sentence: Death!”

7 Likes

4 Likes

Forget kicking him out of Congress. At this point they can just arrest him for a number of felonies.

4 Likes