I can't believe it's 20 years ago today that Buzz Aldrin punched a moon landing denier in the face

Originally published at: I can't believe it's 20 years ago today that Buzz Aldrin punched a moon landing denier in the face | Boing Boing

22 Likes

19 Likes

Love me some Buzz!

The world needs a show called “Who Needs Punching This Week?” and I nominate Buzz as at least guest host.

18 Likes

We were just talking about this a couple days ago when some sort of conspiracy theory came up, and my husband said, “Can’t we go back to when Buzz Aldrin just punched them?” and honestly when we had that conversation I did NOT realize it was that long ago.

21 Likes

This is how you should deal with conspiracy theorists and Holocaust deniers. Punch them in the face, then when they get annoyed about it, tell them that they’re lying, and you never touched them.

34 Likes

I can’t believe that, 20 years on, conspiracist lunatics like the deserving recipient of Aldrin’s fist are in charge of one of America’s duopoly parties.

18 Likes
16 Likes

Buzz Aldrin did not actually punch anybody. That video was produced on a Hollywood soundstage, with artificial lighting and camera angles designed to make it look like he punched a moon landing denier in the face. To tell for sure, you would have to ambush him in public and ask him to swear on a bible that he punched a moon landing denier in the face.

42 Likes

18 Likes

Love this!

Idiot: “you’re a liar and a coward “
Buzz: smacks him across the face
Idiot: proceeds to shut the fuck up and walks away

Brilliant!

17 Likes

Buzz Aldrin continues to be the coolest person to walk the earth and points elsewhere.

12 Likes

During 2019, the Bart Sibrel YouTube channel was demonetized.[8]

Joel Mchale Lol GIF by NETFLIX

17 Likes

Would Bart’s mind have been truly changed if Buzz had done that Bible thing? He just said that he thinks that Buzz is a liar. Not much to be done with a mosquito other than swatting it.

16 Likes

Um, always punch nazis.

Too.

Imma just leave that here.

19 Likes

Well done Buzz old boy. No point in talking to an idiot when you can just bust their chops instead.

6 Likes

The Eagle’s punch has landed.

PS: The elderly are much, much, much stronger than some people think.

8 Likes

Hm. And all the way down we go.

4 Likes

What a coincidence! Sgt Pepper taught the band to play on that very same day.

Then again, there are no coincidences…

5 Likes

Was hoping to see that.

“You want proof I was there? Go see the footprints!” POW!!

9 Likes

In a world of Alex Joneses, be a Buzz Aldrin.

10 Likes