I can't see my replies/likes/likes received totals anymore

FEWER people (sorry, can’t help myself!)

8 Likes

K

2 Likes

And…Done!

Posts Created: 1915

And even this post won’t drop that total, although of course I could drag it down in the future. Phew! Okay, back to work.

Update: Okay, so I just need 1888 likes to make my ratio 4:1…

@sam, question, are my like totals strictly from likes applied to my replies? I feel like sometimes my totals go up faster than that, and I notice that on the right side of the summary page you’re tallying all of the likes in the top threads I’ve started…I’m not somehow getting all of those as well, am I?

1 Like

I really want to make badges for this kind of stuff but struggle really hard with naming and descriptions

“Lover” 100 liked posts and gave out at least 1 like for every liked post

Kind of wordy

Also note, for badge purposes you should not be forced to like 30 different posts just cause you got 30 likes on one post, it’s work creating

3 Likes

Sorry for the delayed reply. Like count is a total of likes both on topics and replies, it is not restricted to replies

1 Like

Interesting, so I am essentially credited in that total for other people’s good posts that happen to be part of a thread I started. I can see the wisdom of that…except that it means I’ll never be in the same league as otromiguel! @OtherMichael [sigh]

3 Likes

While a few others (like two others) have higher stats than I do… 164k posts read.

O.m.g.

@codinghorror can your next project be a twelve step program for us poor bastards?

11 Likes

@daneel is not just a river in Egypt
https://bbs.boingboing.net/users?order=posts_read&period=all

8 Likes

The amount of people with 200k+ read is bordering on psychotic :smiley: But I love you crazy, weird mutants.

10 Likes

Odd. When I look at your summary I see a different set of numbers.

1 Like

Eh, replication/shard/CDN discrepancies. What’s a few thousand reads between friends? :smiley:

3 Likes

Also PMs, I think.

3 Likes

:frowning: so that’s where all the time went… (I double screen quite a bit - that’s my excuse, and I’m sticking to it)

So the lurker prize goes to:

or maybe:

5 Likes

Reading up on Discourse trust levels it’d be really cool if there was some sort of dashboard showing how close you were to the next promotion (or demotion). For those of us who care about things like “internet points”.

@codinghorror any chance of something like this happening?

2 Likes

No, I mean

We count likes on post #1 if you happen to make it, not a summary of all likes on the topic that would be crazy :banana:s

1 Like

Haha! Okay, that makes sense. I was starting to feel like a like-serf.

2 Likes

in my top 6 only one has some content and the most liked one is a link to a tweet. kind of sad.

3 Likes

While I accept that the most liked posts are going to be low on content, I would still rank my throwaway comments differently. I felt a bit bad about posting a couple of my top 6, while my favourite throwaway comment was the first post and didn’t break 20 likes.

3 Likes

Note that we restyled this page along with the badge redesign so it now actually looks decent, for example

We added ‘read time’, given our emphasis on Reading Is Fundamental in Discourse (and the recent :bulb: moment I had on possibly displaying read time next to usernames on new users) it’s kinda crazy that we didn’t highlight this stat more.

Any other useful stats we are missing here on the summary page, or that we could do better on?

I do kinda wish you could select a time range here like we do for /top and /users.

4 Likes

“Think before you speak. Read before you think.” - Fran Lebowitz

Have you tried seeing other reading material? - the BoingBoing commentariat

(I just discovered the first quote last week)

3 Likes