I didn't know chipmunks could attend Space Mission Bible Camp!

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/25/i-didnt-know-chipmunks-could.html

2 Likes

Amazon review “my grandkids love this movie” your grandkids are on drugs. Full stop.

13 Likes

And yes of course the villainous Exterminator is Russian.

That aspect of this ca. 2002 movie is initially* going to be very confusing to the intended Evangelical audience, who these days see Russian meddlers trying to undermine scientific expressions of the open society as their allies.

[* everyone becomes friends at the end, resolving the confusion]

11 Likes

And everyone knows it except you.

7 Likes

SPOILER:

“Jesus is like our booster rocket!”

10 Likes

I made it as far as “Well, this is excit–” and noped right out. I hope they burned that stupid chipmunk with fire immediately after filming.

4 Likes

Sooooo . . . do talking, intelligent chipmunks have souls? Was he created by God, or is the result of a genetic uplift program? Then there’s whole can of worms about interspecies dating.

DID THESE PEOPLE KNOW THE CAN OF WORMS THEY WERE OPENING?

9 Likes

God is dead and Chadder killed him.

5 Likes

“Space Mission Bible Camp” sounds like the name of a cheap experimental indie game on Steam itch.io desperately trying to sell itself on its ironic quirkiness alone. Especially with the chipmunk protagonist. Someone should get on that.

8 Likes

They were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn’t stop to think if they should.

8 Likes

How can one have a science related camp run by people who hate science?

Bible Thumper logic confuses me.

6 Likes

Always the killing it with fire with you kids. Back in my day, we would kill it with a gentle tap on the temple with a lil’ ol twenty pound sledge. Those were more graceful days, I guess.

2 Likes

7 Likes

Damn straight, Gramps. I’m not risking that abomination returning from the dead. Even zombies can’t survive being reduced to ashes.

1 Like

Dunno about that. Chuckie pretty much did (tho I don’t know if he quite rates as a zombie; close tho)

1 Like

The whole thing’s up on YouTube:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.