Voices from entire Chipmunks movie pitch-corrected

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/09/24/voices-from-entire-chipmunks-movie-pitch-corrected.html

1 Like

Have to admit, Theodore kind of works when pitch-corrected. Guess that’s what we call acting.

1 Like

I think I would prefer Quaaludes, thanks.

2 Likes

Man, the nostalgia of seeing the film’s antagonists huffing on cigarettes really brings me back. It sounds like the chipmunks need to switch to menthol.

Are the Chipmunks a product of a Monsanto type gene lab, or a TMNT type toxic chemical spill? They have some sort of musical careers too, which is a mighty big coincidence. Makes me suspect they are fictional.

2 Likes

I used to do this with a portable record player, the original Christmas album, and my finger to spin it at a slower speed. Good times. Good times. (fine, we were very poor, I had to amuse myself somehow during those long Maine winters!)

2 Likes

At times, it kind of sounds like The Melvins. Maybe they could cover some songs as The Alvins?

3 Likes

Sludgefest slowed down actually sounds killer.

1 Like

Remind me not to get bitten by a radioactive chipmunk.

1 Like

I love the OG Chipmunks animated movie, in fact i own it on DVD :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Years ago I picked up several of the best Chipmunks LPs, and played them on a turntable that had 16rpm, started work on a mix tape, “DJ Screw presents the best of The Humans.”

The problem was a 3 minute song would be pushing 7 minutes, and after about a minute the joke is over and it gets really tiresome.

1 Like

It’s interesting to hear this pitched down. I’ve heard some of the earlier recordings done the same way, and it seems even stranger with the animation. That said, I’m over 60, as well as an avid animation geek, and this film is one of my top 10 favorites. Some of the animated sequences are quite wonderful (probably because some of the animators from Disney, such as the legendary Glen Keane, worked on it after being laid off due to the box-office failure of The Black Cauldron) and the songs were all very good. I know this is one of those guilty pleasure films for many people, and it’s easy to see why.

Fun fact:
If you play Springsteen’s I’m On Fire at 45rpm (instead of 33rpm) it sounds exactly like Dolly Parton.

1 Like

I think I’d still enjoy that song this way.

1 Like

I think you would, it’s actually quite good that way.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.