TRIPMUNKS: all the CGI Chipmunks movies overlaid, at half speed

[Read the post]

1 Like

So when are we supposed to cue up Dark Side?

4 Likes

Randomly clicked around and found a part where Alvin compares someone to the Devil at around the 1h30m mark.

2 Likes

I am thankful today I never watched any of these, and almost certain I never will.

I hear the Chipmunks were pretty clever, before I was born.

1 Like

Well that was a complete was of 3hrs I’ll never get back. Thanks boingboing.

3 Likes

Ay 41:00 David Cross shows up and they either beg foe forgiveness, mercy or help?

You didn’t. Surely not.

Yes, and I just watched again to make sure it was actually a waste of time… now I’m 6 hours in the hole!

7 Likes

I started it playing and told my office mate I was going to play this for the rest of the day. That was not received well. I kind of find it relaxing at a low level in the background.

15 minutes into this thing (with headphones on) and he is visibly concerned.

30 minutes was enough.

7 Likes

This was much more avant-garde than I was expecting.

2 Likes

The “We’re back” that opens it is surprisingly sinister.

2 Likes

I’m glad that Jason Lee is working, I’ve rather enjoyed most of what he’s done on-screen.

“This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by 20th Century Fox Film Corp.”

3 Likes

Oh. My. God. The fantastic video has been removed due to a copyright claim by 20th Century Fox. Disgusting. This is clearly a transformative work of art and seems to me should be protected speech. The rightsholder has no legitimate claim that the existence of this work in any way diminishes the value of the individual films.

YouTube is filled with incredible works of art like this. If this were on display in its own room at MOMA people would find it beautiful and interesting. But because YouTube is a wealth of beautiful creations like this we sniff when one is extinguised from view; there’s always something new. But the removal of transformative works of art sets a dangerous precedent and gives private corporations – whose interests, to put it mildly, don’t always align with ours – far too much power over what has become a fundamental free speech right.

1 Like

I really like that I can’t tell if you are being serious. It works either way.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.